Octopus Lighting Box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone assist with where to find an example of an octopus wiring box for 4 lights and 4 switches? NVQ project!

Sponsored Links
Never heard of an octopus wiring box. Do you mean connecting up 4 lights & swiches using a junction box?

jj4091 said:
Never heard of an octopus wiring box. Do you mean connecting up 4 lights & swiches using a junction box?

Octopus wiring is an old trade name for wiring all the lighting from a single junction boxjavascript:emoticon(':LOL:')
Laughing

Steve

Sponsored Links
It it the system where you have one large jb and all conduits run out to all lamp fittings and switches from there?

Spark123 said:
It it the system where you have one large jb and all conduits run out to all lamp fittings and switches from there?

Yes.

Another term is "spider" i think.

Do you mean "Octoflex"?

Think that was the name. In the 60's & 70's this was a prewired flexible conduit used commonly in flats.

I found an Octopus wiring system running the downstairs lighting in my new home. I can send a couple of photos if you want! I haven't been able to find any information about it but its fairly straight forward and a useful junction box for all of my downstairs lights and switches.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back