Citroen Xsara Warning light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All, I have a Citroen Xsara 1.4 2001. This morning the orange 'engine looking' warning lamp on the top left hand side of the dashboard started flashing. I did not receive a handbook with the car but think it is the engine management light. The car is also sluggish and sounds a little rough. Could it be only running on three cylinders? or would this not bring the light on? Is it likely to be something electronic that requires an auto electrician? Any pointers appreciated.

Sponsored Links
If the light has come on, then you should really get the fault codes read to tell you whats wrong with it. Auto Electrician, main dealer or any semi decent garage will be able to do it.

Fault code reader should tell you the problem.Shop around your local garages for a readout quote. About £20-£25.

;)

Thanks for that. I am now taking it to a garage tonight. Will a non citroen garage be able to interpret the fault codes?

Sponsored Links
the problem sounds like the coil pack which cost about £120 but if your in the aa call them out as they carry these coils and you will save on labour charges and will be able to reset the engine light,hope this helps,jim

Back