zanussi 1032

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It sometimes takes ages for the interlock to lock the door when the machine is switched on. Once door is locked the machine runs ok and releases the door ok when finished.

Sponsored Links
martin413 said:
It sometimes takes ages for the interlock to lock the door when the machine is switched on. Once door is locked the machine runs ok and releases the door ok when finished.

:?: so

you only made a statement of fact It sometimes takes ages for the interlock to lock the door when the machine is switched on. Once door is locked the machine runs ok and releases the door ok when finished.

I thought you were passing information on to others? evidentaly not, so you have a question? what is it?

Sponsored Links
It can take between 30 secs and 1 hr (most annoying) for the interlock to lock the door.
When it was working correctly the interlock locked the door within a few
seconds of the power button been pressed.

OK.......whats wrong with it ?????.

As for unlocking, it is as the hand book states, approx 1 - 2 mins.

I am sorry, i m not a mind reader, i cn not tell what yor m/c is or is not doing that is why i ask as many questions as i do

, but seeing as you take days to reply ,its a "long shot"

what brand of soap powder are you using?

have you changed brand of soap powder at all (if so from what to what?)

If "shop brand" of powder, fill m/c with box of soda crystals, put on 90 degree wash and let it run.

if recently changed brand of powder see above

Reason is own brands stick and block interlock, interface, soda may clear it out, however if its a pure electronic interlock, you need a new one

We have been using Tesco value soap powder for years. Strange how you mention powder though, as reacently the powder does not always get completley washed out of soap compartment. Water flow into the compartment appears to be ok.

another statement?

As i mentioned own brands are not good for m/c, i saw one that clogged up in about 6 weeks owner changed brands (wasn't tesco own) , and it went wrong, reason, pressure chamber was blocked up.

Try washing soda, (may have to do twice) then change powder to a well known brand P****L is good, dont use anyones "tablets" and never use a washing Liquid

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back