power shower pump connections

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am considering buying a Stuart Turner power shower pump. As I am living in Southern Ireland our copper pipe sizes differ from the UK which is where the pump is made. The difference between the pipe is the UK pipe is 22mm outside dia. and the Irish pipe is 21mm outside dia. When you purchase the pump you are given the choice between 22mm olives or 21mm olives to suit both size pipes. My query is this, when looking at the nut and ring for the 21mm pipe, the collar on the nut does not close off the ring. i.e. you can see the edge of the ring coming through the nut. Will the joint seal when assembled and tightened?

Sponsored Links
The olive to suit the 21mm is in fact the 3/4". As mentioned before you get a choice of olives to suit metric or imperial copper but you only get a metric nut on the flexible hose which comes with the pump! I am wondering can you get a "reducer" that will let you come in metric on one side and imperial out the other. I think its called a "nipple"?

Sponsored Links
thanks for yer advice lads. Have shower up and running and no leaks! First I tightened olive on to 3/4" copper pipe using an irish sized fitting. With olive squeezed up I then removed irish fitting and fitted 22mm flex hose which was supplied with pump. Happy days :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back