Potterton Powermax - Pressure difference & lockout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ,

I have a Potterton Powermax HE combi boiler , now 3 years old , which is suffering yet another fault. I've had the main control board replaced by Heatteam literally 12 months ago.

The current fault has me baffled:

With the HW on timer , and working normally , we have the CH on "ON" , and use the thermostat to control the house temperature.

For the last couple of days the following has been occurring , namely the pressure shown on the digital readout has been showing either 0.5 BAR , causing a low pressure burner lockout (A1.5 error code) , or in the last two days the pressure rises to 3.5 BAR causing an E0.1 error code( high pressure lockout).

However , the analogue gauge connected to the filling loop was reading 0.6 bar when the digital readout showed 3.5 bar :eek:

Can anybody give me any pointers as to what could be causing this? or do I need another £300 Heat-team callout :cry: ?

Cheers

Supaned

Sponsored Links
Kev ,

Thanks for the quick reply.

As far as I know the anologue gauge is working , if you open the filling loop taps it registers the increase in pressure.

Cheers

Supaned

Pointers to look at.
1. Pressure sensor blocked with sludge ( is it black or red)
2. Ex vessel hose blocked

Both of these are common problems on certain sites where the installers never put any inhibitor in from day one.

Sponsored Links
it sounds like you have the "old" preassure sensor they are black and the new ones are red :D

happy new year!
not too bad thanks, we get all the good jobs lol ie expansion vessells on 105he instants and similar did you get much time off for crimbo :D

a jeffries said:
happy new year!
did you get much time off for crimbo :D

Yerr the whole week had to do this saturday though as i was rostered which was a bit of a pain..P.S you can keep the cream work (Instant ex vess`s) :D :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back