Tanking and Mixer shower units

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In the next few weeks I will be fitting a new mixer shower.

I am going to use Aquapanel and then intend to apply a tanking kit, most probably Bal WP1.

How should I approach application of the tanking with regards to the two pipes that will be coming through the Aquapanel for the mixer unit?

I am slightly concerned about moisture getting in where the holes are to be drilled for the pipework.

Can anybody offer any advice?

Sponsored Links
Leave the pipes overlong and sticking out the wall. Cut the aquapanel as tight as possible. When you tank make two patches approx 6"x6" with the the membrain that comes with the kit and make a small X shaped hole in the middle, paint the tanking liquid onto the aquapanel around th epipes, slip the patch over the pipe and then coat the patch with more tanking liquid.

Fit your tiles using a diamond coated holesaw for the holes and place a ring of mastic around pipe before puting tile in place. When you come to fix the mixer trim the pipes, apply a second bead of silicon where the pipe sticks out of the tile.

Jason

Thanks Jason, this is what I was thinking, great to have somebody confirm it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back