Newlec Calypso Plus Kaput

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Moved into a new house 6 months ago and have been using our shower daily. Today the shower suddenly goes cold and we have no hot water coming out.The neon power indicator light is on and also the low flow light is stuck on (even when i press the high flow button it remains on the low setting).

So a couple of questions really.

1) Any ideas what the problems may be?

2) How much for a spark to fit a replacement? i would supply the shower myself.

3) How can i find out what KW my shower is? It does not say anywhere on the outer casing of the unit.

4) If for example it is a 8.5KW unit can i replace it with a new 8.5KW unit without having to alter in wiring?

Kind regards and appreciation for any advice in advance.

Sponsored Links
davey71 said:
2) How much for a spark to fit a replacement? i would supply the shower myself.
3) How can i find out what KW my shower is? It does not say anywhere on the outer casing of the unit.
4) If for example it is a 8.5KW unit can i replace it with a new 8.5KW unit without having to alter in wiring?
2/It depends on whether existing connection is ok,cable size,circuit protection etc.-3/Try a Google search- 4/See 2

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back