GLOW WORM ECONOMY 50 BOILER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,
my glow worm boiler has been whistling for some time now. it works fine except that after about forty minutes of turning the central heating on, it starts to whistle constantly and gets a bit noisy. please can you tell me what is wrong with it. is it safe to turn it on?thank you. :(

Sponsored Links
try some fernox boiler silencer

either inject into a rad or add it to f and e tank and draw it into the system

Its called 'kettleing'

Same noise a kettle makes when it gets hot (or similar), and it happens for the same reason.
LIMESCALE.

Scalemaster hay help in addition to the boiler silencer corgiman advised.

Do you live in a hard water area?

David

If its whistling its because its forgotten the words (boom boom)

Alfredo

Sponsored Links
hello guys,
thanks for the reply. yes ,Soggy_weetabix, i live in Rainham essex,rm13. i think the whole of the south east is a hard water area.
anyway i will get in touch with a corgi registered engineer to come and have a look. just noticed over the weekend that, the longer the heating stays on, the noisier the boiler becomes. the noise sometimes stops for a while and then it starts again. i assume this is a corgi engineers job.
thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back