Pipe Runs above First Floor Ceiling (Warm Roof)

tiz

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old property with undersized first floor joists. Consequently, I am loathe to notch or drill them.

Are there any disadvantages with the use of DHW and central heating pipe runs above the First Floor Ceilings? These runs would still be within the insulation envelope (i.e. it is a Warm Roof) and would have automatic air belled valves.

Sponsored Links
Are there any disadvantages with the use of DHW and central heating pipe runs above the First Floor Ceilings? These runs would still be within the insulation envelope (i.e. it is a Warm Roof) and would have automatic air belled valves.
If you are talking open vented heating and hot water then the tanks that feed the system must be higher than the pipes. They must also have byelaw 30 insulation kits fitted if you have to move said tanks . Best to upgrade to byelaw 30 in any case.

If you are talking sealed system heating and mains pressured DHW theres no problem ie. combi or a sealed system with unvented hot water

Edit:-
After seeing your other posts it looks as though you will be moving a couple of tanks :!:

Open vented tanks will be new (with Byelaw 30 kits) and above the highest pipework.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back