Potterton Performa 28i

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

I was hoping some one may be able to help me.

I have a Potterton performa 28i, thanks to some help on the forumns already I've been able to get all of my radiators warm (balancing them).

However, before that, I had a plumber/engenear attend, who looked inside the potterton, and I've noticed some thing.

Near the horizontal centre of the boiler (when you take the front cover off) there is a black twisty thing, that USED to have paper attached to it, however, the paper has now been broken.

Does any one know what it is for? I can not see any writing on it, that would give me a hint (I like to know what things are for).

Doug

Sponsored Links
I have no idea! picture would be helpfull

Sponsored Links
kevplumb said:
prob a label saying "be sure to vent the pump before first firing "

followed by " remove this label before use " ;)

I don't think so, it's not that sort of label, it just looked like a type of white masking tape, that was put on it, to prevent it from being turned, almost as if, it is set to position, and then meant to be left.

I'll see if I can obtain a camera and provivde a photo.

You are talking about the min/max adjuster on the gas valve.
DO NOT TOUCH

poxi said:
You are talking about the min/max adjuster on the gas valve.
DO NOT TOUCH

Thanks for that.

I think that expalins some of my problems.

Before the guy came round, if I chose, the radiator could be heated to the point where it was uncomfortable to touch, by turning the valve all the way up, and the temp dial on the boiler all the way up.

However, after he came, the radiator would only get hot, but one could hold it with out too much problem, even when the temp dial was set to max, if turning on more radiators, look warm would be the best I seemed to achieve, and the return pipe to the boiler was cool.

Though I thought some one else on the list suggested this was liable to be a problem with the pump. Awww heck, i don't know.

Humph!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back