Ocean Alpha 240 Combi Boiler Spares

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Anybody out there know where I could purchase the front part of the 3-way valve for an Ocean Alpha 240 Combi-boiler (the large diameter piece which is held on with 6 screws and has the hexagonal fitting/seal for the micro switch plunger.) ???
On carefully attempting to remove the hex fitting to try and fix a small leak it sheared off leaving the threaded piece inside.
obvioulsy I don't want to purchase a complete valve since the diaphragm etc is functioning OK but will need the front piece of the valve, hex fitting with seal and possibly the plunger itself since it looks a little worn.

Any ideas welcome!

Thanks

Chris

Sponsored Links
Yes its called the the diaphragm type dhw flow switch.

Thanks for fast reply Corgiman!
I'll give them a call Monday since being Sat afternoon they are closed.

Anymore ideas???

Sponsored Links
Alpha / Ocean part no. 6.5629950 - Ezypart Part#: MF01
Description: DHW Flow Valve (sanitary section only)
Price: £ 45.00
at http://www.ezypart.co.uk/

Failing that when I go to the lockup next week I'll see if I have an old one.

Thanks for that Paul.
I've just been on the Ezpart website and seen a photo and that is deff. the part.
Don't suppose I would be able to get hold of just the front piece that is held on with the 6 screws and has the hex fitting with the PTFE seals plus the plunger???

I've just found out I'm going to be working away for a while so probably won't get chance to order a part next week so if you do have a second hand part please let me know.

Cheers

I don't think I do but will have a look. Is it the front shell or the back shell? I ask because the back one off an Ariston might fit and I know I have one of those. The diffference between the two is that the ALpha and BAxi have the dhw switch pushed through the end of that diaphragm, the Ariston has it on the other end of the shaft so the outer shell which houses the dhw sensing diaphragm is blind. I am fairly certain that the inner shell is the same part.

It's the front shell i.e the bit that comes away towards you when you undo the 6 screws and has the hex fitting with the plunger through the middle and also has the tapped hole for the micro-switch assy.

see http://www.ezypart.co.uk/part_image/pid__2222&img__0 for complete picture.

If I do have to change the complete 'manifold' (as Ezpart call it), would I have to drain the CH system too?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back