Myson apollo cuts out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, if anyone can help with the following problem with my myson apollo 30 it would be very much appreciated:

Two days ago I cam home from work to find my pilot had gone out. I re-lit the pilot and it the CH/HW came on for a while but before the house warmed up the pilot went out again.
I suspected that it was the overtemp stat and that maybe the pump wasnt working (checked the pump and it sounded like it was working but you never no if its actually moving water?? - only fitted the pump about 18 months ago)).
I therefore decided to remove the pump (now Saturday morning) to see if any signs of blockage. Found a small bit of plastic in the impeller?? Removed it and ran the pump for a short time to check for rotation. Pump seemed to be OK so re-fitted.
Refilled they system and bled off all the rads and tank and started up the CH/HW. Rads started to get warm but never really got hot (unless I shut down all except one - this one rad then got hot) before the pilot went out again.
Continued on like this for a while (re-light pilot, run for a while, then go out) think it might be air in the system but even when all rad had been bled several times (air did come back a few times) boiler still cuts out????

I have taken off the inner cover of the boiler and both the flow and return to the h/ex have small weeps on them?? Also inside of the boiler is black and sooty?

Any ideas?? Is my h/ex blocked? Is it worth flushing, fitting a new h/ex or is it time for a new boiler??

Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Your boiler should not be sooted up. This suggests the flue system isnt functioning properly or other things also very dangerous. Do not use the boiler and call out a corgi enigineer.

Unless your competent in gas work or an RGI, and by your post I suspect not, do not delve any further, and get a CORGI engineer in, to check why you have soot in side your boiler,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back