tanking shower cubicle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi would i need to tank a plaster board surface in a shower cubicle before fitting decorative tongue and groove water tight shower panels any advice appreciated.

Sponsored Links
The shower panel is tanked so no need to tank behind providing it is design for shower.

Were you thinking of using upvc T&G which is for cladding?

Not seen the type you've mentioned, any link?

I've used that type of shower panel before and I didn't bother tanking. Mind you it wasn't my house. ;)
You can quickly transform a shower area with these panels and it looks pretty good.
I'm not sure if you can get these panels with a click fitting like laminate flooring has, if you could find some it'd make the fitting job easier. The stuff I used was customer supplied and just slotted together, this is fine until you have to cut the boards. On the boards I used if you cut the board along it's length, it tended to curl a little - which meant that there was always a gap when you slotted the boards together. Just makes it a little more fiddley.
I used Gripfill to stick the panels up.
You can get corner pieces that the panels slot into, but I didn't like the look of them so I just butted the panels up and ran a bead of silicone down the corner join.
Be aware though that they are not particularly robust - if they're the hollow type, they're susceptible to being punctured. They can also easily be scratched.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back