baxi 105e high pitched squeak - Help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We've recently moved into a new house and are having a few issues with our boiler. Its a Baxi 105e that is about 3 years old.

When the boiler comes on in the morning we are treated to a high pitched squealing noise which goes on until we turn a hot water tap (cold tap doesnt make any difference). The boiler then shuts up. When we turn on the hot water tap it makes a noise, like a door creaking open and then when we turn the tap of its as if the door is creaking shut. I dont like waking up in the morning anyway so to be woken up by the boiler is slowely driving me insane!

Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Had this prob loads

Either

1, Strip out "hydralic outlet assembly" and change the o rings

0r (better still) replace the above

I've just double checked and its actually a baxi 105e not an 80e as I originally posted. My dad was a plumber by trade 30 years ago and still dabbles a bit. If i get him the part do you think he'll be able to fit it?

Part number 248061 complete assy

Easy to change (the nut on the back is 8mm)

To save any embarasment, and a lot of unnecessary expense, tell him to disconnect and REMOVE the circuit board before undoing any water pipes!

Sponsored Links
is that cos the designers at poxi decided making the whole of the bottom of a 105 etc into a big scoop that dumps ANY water directly on to the PCB???

Call me cynically but looking at this makes me think this may have been done on purpose......surely not and I will stop calling you shirley

;)

Thanks for all your advice, I dont suppose you know where I could get my hands on an exploded diagram of the boiler?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back