Replacing Boilermate II / Potterton Suprima 70 with a Combi.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If I were to replace a Potterton Suprima 70 and Boilermate II setup with a new combination boiler with no separate water tank...

(1) Would I be able to keep the 8 existing radiators ? - They are in good condition and were bought with the above 9 years ago.

(2) If I could keep the radiators, would I have to get them powerflushed ?

(3) What pipework would be involved FROM the new combi bolier to feed the radiators - assuming I could keep them - would there be lots of new pipework needed ?

I know that these questions may seem simple but they're not to me and I don't want to ask a salesman - ahem - because they don't always give the most honest answer.

Also what power/make Combi should I be going for. There are 8 radiators, 1 hot water tap for kitchen sink, 1 hot water tap for basin and 1 hot water tap for bath in bathroom. No second bathrooms or shower.

Sponsored Links
1, Yes
2, Too right you should
3, a fair bit, as you will have to get the mains to the boiler and hot water to the taps, and the central heating will have to be reconfigured. Not too bad though

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back