No Central Heating Or Hot Water!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could anyone please cast their professional opinion over a current problem I am experiencing with my installer & system??

I had a complete system installed just under 2 years ago consisting of a Baxi Instant Combi 80HE boiler & 7 radiators. The boiler has not worked properly since installation and I have had the installer out so many times I am unsure of what to do next. At first it was to correct shoddy workmanship but then the boiler became faulty.They are a supposed reputable company and are corgi registered.I have had to take their own monthly boiler servicing insurance out so that I can try & have them sort the problem!Everytime they call out they fiddle with the boiler & it works for a couple of days, sometimes weeks then back to square one again. At first they claimed there maybe a loose wire in the power switch & yes the wire was hanging out however this did not solve the problem.They then said it maybe the PCB & I had 3 other engineers from different companies say the same. They tried 3 or 4 PCBs but to no avail. Then they said they would change an electrically operated valve to a mechanical one and still no joy.The boiler was firing up but then all we would here was a repeated click/clunking of what I assume was it attempting to fire up and we would have to turn it off.If the preheat was turned off sometimes it would work and others not. Now when we switch it on the red light flashes below the 50C and the green above the tap symbol and nothing happens.Apologies for the essay, just thought I would try to provide as much detail of the problem as possible.
Thankyou in advance should you see a resolution to my problem!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back