Dulux matt trade and retail.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have read a lot on this forum on mist coats and Dulux trade matt and retail matt.
If i am only using Dulux retail paint do i still need to thin it to 25% for the first mist coat and then 10% for the second mist coat or just use it straight from the tin?
Also if i use Dulux for two mist coats can i use Crown for a final coat or do these two makes not match?

Sponsored Links
Id say yes...still thin it by about 25% maybe a bit more..30%

It might be ok straight from the tin...brush some out somewhere first and try the roller...if it pulls put a drop of water in it until it goes on easily.

The problem is..if you put it on and its too thick you will have loads of orange peel and brush marks on the wall becasue tthe paint absorbs straight in...leaving you no time to spread it out

The roller will then roughen it..it wont be able to soak into the surface becasue of the fact that there is a lot of pigment compared to water..

Plus the drag factor makes it really hard work and you will use more paint than you needed too

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back