Baxi Solo 60PF Ignition Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My CH system has recently developed a problem. When either the hot water or heating is switched on, the boiler (Baxi Solo 60PF) runs for about 10 minutes and then cuts out. It immediately re-lights and then immediately cuts out. This keeps repeating. I\\\'ve had BG out and the guy replaced the main circuit board and the overheat sensor. This has not cured the problem. The pump appears to be OK, so the guy concluded that the problem was due to sludge and scale in the system and recommended a Power Flush. The boiler is 18 months old. Could my problem be due to sludge and scale or could there be another explanation?

Any help much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
sounds like poor circulation
is it noisy after 10 mins, is the flow pipe up to temp??

Check your A.P.S tubes are not split. Revised A.P.S on this model.
Do a search on here it has been mentioned quite a few times

It looks like the BG engineer was right. I had a look in the header tank last night and the water did look quite cruddy.

By the way, when it rains and the wind blows in a certain direction, I get a few drips of water inside the house beneath the (wall mounted) boiler, presumably entering via the hole where the flue exits the house. This hasn't caused me any problems so far. Is it likely to cause problems in the future?

Again, any help is very much appreciated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back