Combi Pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I control my CH by the thermostat and have boiler on all the time. Last night the heating didn\\\'t go off after I turned it down so when we woke feeling as if we were in the Bahamas I turned the program control to \\\'twice\\\' to get the rads off. on returning from work to the North Pole I saw that the boiler was off, the flame off so I reinstated the flame and then saw the pressure was at zero, I opened the loop and raised the pressure to 1.3, the CH and HW came back on but the pressure continued to rise (of course I can\\\'t find a key to bleed rads) so ran a bath to try to get it down but it hit 3 and shortly after conked out again.

It is absolutely pouring with rain so I cant tell if water is coming outside.

pressure showing at 1.5 now but \\\'flame\\\' out again.

Should I attempt to start it all again or should I get a HE to re pressurise it?

I would much prefer to do it myself as when I called my so called 24 hour help (just before the pressure got to 3) he told me he closed at 7pm and refused to tell me how to stop this from happening.

Can anyone give advice please? to a very cold mum and two babies

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back