Ferroli Combi 77 FF - All OK but no heat since power cut

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Pilot is on
Pressure looks OK
After having a power cut in the house there is no hot water. Can anyone help please?

TIA
Mark

Sponsored Links
Ok to help you, we need more info ie;

is the heating working?

if not have you electrical power at boiler?

what is the system water pressure showing?

and any other info that may be helpfull

These are pretty basic boilers and unlikely to have been locked up by a power cut.

Perhaps a coincidental fault has occured or the power has tripped out at the consumer unit?

These boilers are getting rather old now and most I see are leaking in several places.

Tony

Thanks for your quick responses. The pressure was 1.5bar and there was power to the unit. It all looked normal with pilot light on etc but the main burners were not kicking in. I read somewhere that it might be a blockage in the air pressure switch. Anyway to cut a long story short, I switched off the electric for about a minute, wiggled all the wires and gave it a thump on the side, I put the hot water tap on in the house and then powered the thing back up. What do you know, it started working again :D

Sponsored Links
Maybe it is leaking a bit my bills are very high that's for sure. I can't smell anything though. Am moving house soon or would probably upgrade. Thanks again, Mark

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back