boiler wont ignite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there
Up until yesterday my boiler was working fine. I would turn the termostat to on to get heat and hot water. But yesterday I switched it to time and now it wont ignite on any setting, The piolt is on ok. I have tried the shut down/ start up proceedures for the boiler and the first two times I did this the piolt and boiler ignited fine but the switched off after three mins. Has anybody any suggestions??? Help, As I have just brought home my new born son and the house is freezinggggggg.....

Thank
jason :cry:

O.K guys. soz. new to this. The gas boiler is a concord wrs 240, fairly old. Hot water cylinder upstiars. When I said thermostat I ment programmer witch is quite old but was working ok.
There is one thing when I tried to turn on today there was like a humming sound which I had not noticed before sound electrical. As I said though up untill eleven last night everything was working fine.....

Sponsored Links
crystal-ball.jpg

go on give us a clue :rolleyes:

Jason you need to be more clearer about the type of system you have..

Boiler make/model combi/conventional type of controls etc etc

By the above statement - You must include your boiler and system type.

Is the pump running? Is the clock switched on? We need a lot more info than just what you can initially see... Go on... Open them eyes and take a look; or call in a professional (Which would be my best advice if you have a new born on-site).

Sponsored Links
GasAid said:

Is the pump running? Is the clock switched on? We need a lot more info than just what you can initially see... Go on... Open them eyes and take a look; or call in a professional (Which would be my best advice if you have a new

O.K guys. soz. new to this. The boiler is a concord wrs 240 boiler fairly old. Hot water tank upstiars. When I said thermostat I ment timer controls. and they are all switched on.

There is one thing when I tried to turn on today there was like a humming sound which I had not noticed before sound electrical. As I said though up untill eleven last night everything was working fine.....

born on-site).

jason280672 said:
GasAid said:

Is the pump running? Is the clock switched on? We need a lot more info than just what you can initially see... Go on... Open them eyes and take a look; or call in a professional (Which would be my best advice if you have a new

O.K guys. soz. new to this. The boiler is a concord wrs 240 boiler fairly old. Hot water tank upstiars. When I said thermostat I ment timer controls. and they are all switched on.

born on-site)

either im reading ths whole disscussion wrong after to much drink, or is this whole topic not making sense :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back