Radiators making noises

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need some help from all of you knowledgable folks. I have been reading the posting regarding radiators and some have been helpful, now I need specific help. My house here in the U.S. was built in 1917 and it has the old cast iron radiators. Things have been fine for the past 7 years now all of the sudden they are all making noises. The sound like the are all moaning (which would not surprise me). I have made NO changes to the system and this started about 3 weeks ago. There are no individual thermostats on each radiator. I have had to bleed a couple of them a few times this year, some I get water some I do not. So is my whole system clogged up or what? Does it sound like I should have the whole system flushed out? :(

Sponsored Links
Yes! It's probably clogged. Especially if you're not getting water out of some of the bleed valves. Sounds like it needs a good drain down, flush out and re-fill - not forgetting to add inhibitor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back