blocked drains

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help. The drain where my kitchen waste pipe goes to is blocked. I am unsure where to find the manhole cover as it is not on my property that I can see. The drain has a tight U-Bend which will not let me stick in a rod. I have tried a high pressure jet wash system in the drain but no good. how can i unblock or find manhole? :(

Sponsored Links
how can i unblock or find manhole?

Sorry but I can't see from here. Superman has borrowed my eyes :evil: :LOL:
This information is often in the deeds to the property. Meanwhile just have a look around. Sometimes you see where people have built extensions on top of them, hid them under decking and put sheds on them etc.

how can i unblock or find manhole?

You could try using a mop as a plunger. No guarantees but worth a try

your kitchen waste pipe should discharge into a trapped gulley. this gulley is designed to collect heavy sediment and in doing so, protect the drains further down the line.

unfortunately the trap will also collect grease and other undesirable products which will also block up the trap. when rinsing any greasy products away always use hot water and a detergent to emulsify the fat.

gulley traps should be manually cleaned out at least once or twice a year.

Sponsored Links
Diyisfun said:
Have you tried a chemical cleaner/unblocker?

Although it must be noted that most of these these should only be used on slow flowing blocakages, rather than total blockages.

they won`t work on a gulley :cry: .......but the jetting companies have small hoses for gulleys and are usually good @ finding drain runs .....nothing to stop you getting a price from 1or 2 of them :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back