servis washer dryer power module

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello,

my servis washer dryer completes its wash cycle in full through to discharging water. it comes to rest, ticks over for a while, wont unlock and starts to make a burning smell from the back of the machine.

having told this info to a local repair shop over the phone they said it sounds like it is the power module.

he said i was looking at about £170 for one of them. anyone got any thoughts as to where i can buy one direct? are they difficult to install?

any info on power modules or engineers who can source and install around the glasgow area would be much appreciated.

cheers

Sponsored Links
The boards are quite easy to fit and you are best drawing the edge connectors down on a piece of paper before removing. UNPLUG the machine before attempting to touch/look at the board.
I can supply you with a board for much less but there is a few things I need to know beforehand.
First I need the version number of the board, usually it will be 1 of 4 types. DMPA, DMPU, DMPDC or MINI SEL followed by a 9 digit number starting with 546.
Once I have that I can let you know a cost.

hello,

thanks for replying.

i have absolutely no experience of doing anything to any appliance let alone a washing machine. i have no idea where the power module is, or what it even is. however, having taken some pics this afternoon the details i think you are after are;

DMPA 564023401 0162 (pic below)

now that i know this is the power module im not too sure if this is the actual problem. the burning smell i thought was emanating from the top (although obviously the heat will rise), but im sure i remember the heat being alot warmer up the top than down near the power module when i first realized the problem. any ideas?

i think i might run it through a quick cycle the morra with all the casing off so i can get a better understanding of where the burning is actually coming from.

im not sure what the model number is. it says on the machine;

Washer Dryer 900

The manual says;

Service Washing Machine M3101A

The sticker on the machine roof rim area says

M9409W (pic below)

any and all information you could give me would be mucho appreciated.

one more thing... does the symptoms i stated in my original post sound like the problem is with the power module?

cheers again.

http://poomoo.com/junk/wsd-power-module.jpg

http://poomoo.com/junk/wsd-fromtop-join.jpg

http://poomoo.com/junk/wsd-back-left-corner.jpg

http://poomoo.com/junk/wsd-ref.jpg

Hello again.
Thanks for sending the pics. The first pic is of the main pc board and you do get a lot of probs with this board. But first some questions.
1. Is the fault on the wash cycle or the dryer?
2. On wash does the machine completely empty of water? If it doesn't, the door will not open
3. Does the machine go into a final full spin?

Sponsored Links
1. Is the fault on the wash cycle or the dryer?

as far as im aware it is with the wash cylce. i have yet to try the dryer.

2. On wash does the machine completely empty of water? If it doesn't, the door will not open

i would have thought it had emptied of water as i watched it drain away. but the door does not unlock.

3. Does the machine go into a final full spin?

yes, it is after this point that the burning smell starts to happen.

ill put it through a quick cycle this afternoon when i get back to it and see what happens.

cheers again.

ok, i tested it at home.

worryingly, it didnt take in water this time but im putting that down to me not turning the water taps on fully.

however,

the burning smell and lots of heat is coming from the big metal bit before it joins the silver thing. you can see it from the top view;

http://poomoo.com/junk/wsd-fromtop-join.jpg

im thinking the thing is completely goosed and i would be as well buying a new one?

Right then. That top bit is the heat exchange unit and basically comprises of the heater element, a thermostat or 2 and the fan motor and only comes into play when the dryer has been selected on the timer.
Well we know the element and the stats are ok as you say it gets hot. When its on can you see the fan motor turning, if not then that can cause the unit to over heat as it's not circulating (blowing) the hot air into the drum.
The smell of burning will most likely be fluff within the heater unit and if all of the above is working correctly then it just needs stripping down and cleaning out.
However, your first post mentioned that the door doesn't open. This is caused if there is still water in the drum, the pressure switch or the door interlock itself.

oh yeah. i forgot about that.

ill run a test on it one more time and see what happens then report back with an update.

what i dont understand is why it is heating up. i selected a quick wash which shouldnt start the dryer once it has finished.

it seems that it might automatically start the heater imediatley after a wash. i shall see what the situation is tonight.

cheers for your patience with this.

i tried a slow spin/rinse last night and the thing worked without fault - door opened on completion without any burning smell.

i will try a different wash over the wkend and report back.

its all very wierd.

cheers

ok,

i have tested it again and it completed another wash as normal. i tried to test the dryer but there doesn't seem to be a button to activate the dryer or switch away from the washing cycle.

does anyone have any experience of servis washer dryers that could shed some light on this?

cheers

I have this model but no manual, any chance of letting me know how to operate the dryer cos its driving me crazy!!!!! Thanks x

I have a servis 1200 washer dryer. I have just returned to it after using the dryer (for bedding) to find it full of water. I emptied the machine via the filter at the front (which emptied a mop bucket full) and assume it's the pump at fault (checked the drain.)

Any ideas regarding my 'problem' greatly received.

Incidentally, to use the dryer, turn the dryer dial to desired time and click the 'half load' button.

does the pump run if so i would check waste pipe for limscale .

The machine was making more of a 'noise' when I turned it on. After pulling the machine out and checking all drains (which were clear) I have noticed a slight kink or 'flattening' off the waste pipe.

This could be the culprit. How do I check the pump whilst in bits? Also, is the pump at the rear of the machine just before the drain outlet?

(typing this with blood on my fingers due to the sharp edges of the inner of the machine - damn thing!)

...thanks for the prompt reply...

yes if its kinked its not letting water out ,run it and it should pump out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back