dodgy bath-sink taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
whenever i turn the taps on, water pressure is poor. the tap itself seems to be fully opened with one turn. sometimes it takes several turns. whenever i lift the tap upwards while turning it sometimes alleviates the problem. is this some seal problem. help im a novice at this diy malarky :confused:

Sponsored Links
jonbuzz said:
whenever i turn the taps on, water pressure is poor. the tap itself seems to be fully opened with one turn. sometimes it takes several turns. whenever i lift the tap upwards while turning it sometimes alleviates the problem. is this some seal problem. help im a novice at this diy malarky :confused:

I see that you are also a novice at English language...

...seems to be fully opened with one turn. sometimes it takes several turns...
What are you telling us? That the tap doesnt open more than one turn, or that the flow is maximum after one turn (with no increase after further turns)?

whenever i lift the tap upwards while turning it sometimes alleviates the problem
What problem? You mean the problem of the water flow, or the problem with turning the tap.
That is, I get the impression that there are two problems. One, the tap is difficult to turn. Second, the water flow issue.

Are the other taps in your house, assuming that there are others..., also suffering from poor flow, or is just a certain tap affected?

See this to help you.Best to take the bath taps apart , investigate plus renewing 'o' ring gland seal and tap washer etc.

assuming the pressure on the other taps is ok.
You will need to take the tap apart replace washer and seals re grease with silicon and put it back together again. search forum as there was a similar problem not long ago.

Sponsored Links
yes thankyou sterose for your comments. would you please check your own use of the english language before jumping on others. ta

to clarify,
sometimes when i turn the tap on, it rotates about 1 turn and then tightens up as if the tap is fully opened. unfortunately the water only dribbles out. other times you can turn the tap several times before it stops turning and the water is fine. it happens on both taps in the bathroom sink and other taps in the house are fine. i was just wandering if anyone could info me of the problem, but i will take the taps apart as info`d by you guys. many thanx for your help.
sterose can go and f*** for being a ****

jonbuzz said:
sometimes when i turn the tap on, it rotates about 1 turn and then tightens up as if the tap is fully opened. unfortunately the water only dribbles out.
Basically the tap needs a service,I have found another useful website,step by step.See this

Best thing to do with Sterose, is to ignore him.He seem to find faults with anybody's whenever he feels like it.Just lately he's started to play up again,put it down to his hormone imbalance.

Come on Sterose, have a heart and stop finding faults with people again.I know my english isn't brilliant,so what as long as it's readable.

cheers mate, all very helpfull. maybe the old hag will stop giving me ear ache about it.

ps. mr sterose, your parents must be so proud. snarf

jonbuzz said:
yes thankyou sterose for your comments. would you please check your own use of the english language before jumping on others. ta
Interesting suggestion. How exactly should I change my use of English, Sir?

to clarify,
Thank God!

sometimes when i turn the tap on, it rotates about 1 turn and then tightens up as if the tap is fully opened. unfortunately the water only dribbles out. other times you can turn the tap several times before it stops turning and the water is fine. it happens on both taps in the bathroom sink and other taps in the house are fine. i was just wandering if anyone could info me of the problem, but i will take the taps apart as info`d by you guys. many thanx for your help.
This is how you should describe the problem, it is much clearer and easier to undertand.

sterose can go and f*** for being a ****
Now, now. No need for bad language.

Best thing to do with Sterose, is to ignore him.He seem to find faults with anybody's whenever he feels like it.Just lately he's started to play up again,put it down to his hormone imbalance.
It must be...

Come on Sterose, have a heart and stop finding faults with people again.I know my english isn't brilliant,so what as long as it's readable.
That's the whole point: your english is good, and easily readable.
jonbuzz's post was unclear, non-descript, and too detail-free to give an accurate answer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back