pilot light / boiler dies ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi people my boilers bugging me maybe somebody may know why?

when the thermo clicks off at room temp a short time later pilot light will go out too!
thought at first it was the wind but now theres no wind it still dies out.
i can relight it no problem and it kicks back in but when the thermo clicks off the pilot cutts out too.
any info wud be great im not too sure, may have to call some one before the cold weather kicks in just wanted a rough guess before a call out takes me for a ride.

wall mounted (eastham maxol 40)
cheers jon.

Sponsored Links
Its not possible for me to make any guess based on a fault on a clean boiler in first clas condition.

Your reluctance to call out an engineer makes me immagine it has probably never been serviced for a long time!

Why do you think that an engineer is going to take you for a ride?

Tony

Hes been listening to Water systems Tony :D

If I can remember the Maxol 40 it might be the over heat thats out of cal or just a blocked pilot, or maybe the T/C worn out, or maybe the whole blummin thing worn out.

Come to think of it how have you managed to keep that hateful thing going. Get it ripped out

i been in the house 4 yrs not serviced since moving in and unknown before hand to moving there.

been taken for a ride i meant i didnt want to get blagged on unnessesary probs like i did wen had my gas fire serived once, they did work which wasnt needed i later found out.
cheers anyway

Sponsored Links
Its a very simple rather elderly boiler clearly in need of a service at the minimum.

We would charge £84 diagnostic/repair fee in our local London area but you might get a routine service in Manch for £35 which might well pick up the cause of the fault. That could hargly be a ride ( except on the Metro ).

There are some advantages in having a boiler serviced!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back