Whirlpool awm 321 spin speed 1000 wont start any programmes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Washing machine wont start any programmes including spins. power light comes on okay, door Does Not Lock. Have had trouble recently getting the programmes to start, but they always have started eventually. I suspect its something to do with the door lock as I have been manipulating it recently to get it to start and it seemed to do so, although not fully convincded, would appreciate any ideas. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Yes the door interlock is almost always the reason why the programme will not start. It usually starts by previously having to slam or push the door closed with some force before the programme starts.Also check that the latch is hitting the interlock opening centrally as sometimes the door drops and misaligns with the lock opening.

I'd have a look at the door hinge first.
To prove if the hinge is at fault, close the door, switch on the machine and push the door across to the right a little.
The hinge on these machines changes shape over time and the door doesn't sit centrally in the aperture. This stops the door lock actuating the interlock properly.
Look at the door of the machine, is it sitting left of centre?
If it is, you can either open the hinge a little or replace it.

HI chaps thanks for taking time to post. I removed the door interlock and it was rattling inside. I opened it up and found a bit had broken in two. I ordered a new one from AL domestics a whirlpool parts supplier and got it the next day £23.00. fitted it and the washing machines being working a treat since. Thanks again

Sponsored Links
Hi - I also have a Whirlpool (6th sense - AWM 8123S) - the programs start for 10 seconds, the pump tries to empty and then the door open light comes on. I don't think it can be the door switch since it starts and then stops before there is any shaking of the machine. A click can be heard from the control panel at the top right hand side as the door open light comes on...

Any ideas folks? Sounds to me like the main controls are faulty.

DIY Lewis

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back