whats the best way to hide pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have drop feed microbore into my living room and want to hide the pipes to give an uncluttered look. They are currently boxed in with trunking which looks awful, and hence I dont want to do this again after I've re-decorated.

Whats the best way to sink them into the walls?

Sponsored Links
Chase the wall out and slot them in but before you do that buy some white plastic pipe and and slot the microbore in that and then plaster over.

This is because copper expands with heat and hence the plaster will crack. By sleeving them it should allow the pipe sufficient expansion without cracking your plaster. ;)

my advice is to get used to them... at least they are where you can see them... go burying them in the wall and it could be curtains if you drill through them by mistake... seen it happen (but not by me, yet)

Sponsored Links
You could box them in using some battens and a bit of mdf/plasterboard (if they're in the corner of the room that is). Then decorate over.

Will save the hassle of chasing out and pushing the pipes into the wall (they may not go back that easily either). Or as leakydave suggests, get used to them!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back