Baxi solo 2 (gas smell)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, the problem i'm having, is i get a low gas smell, when it initially fires up, then everything seems to run fine, ie (no gas smell). if any of you experts can point me in the right direction that would be great.Plus are these boilers prone for this and how much approx will it cost (just for parts)..thanks everybody

Sponsored Links
If you think you can smell gas call Transco

Where is the smell of 'gas'?

baxpoti said:
If you think you can smell gas call Transco

Where is the smell of 'gas'?
/Hi and thanks for answering, the gas smell comes from the top of the boiler cabinet, may be the flu area, the boiler is situated under the kitchen work top and is very assesible and is not enclosed....

This is presumable a room sealed appliance and any gas smell would normally be outside coming from the flue outlet.

Its difficult to immagine any gas leakage which only applies when starting up unless there is a leakage from the flue outlet into the room. That would be potentially dangerous and carbom monoxide could be entering the room during boiler useage.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
This is presumable a room sealed appliance and any gas smell would normally be outside coming from the flue outlet.

Its difficult to immagine any gas leakage which only applies when starting up unless there is a leakage from the flue outlet into the room. That would be potentially dangerous and carbom monoxide could be entering the room during boiler useage.

Tony
thanks tony for your answer, it may be when the fan was replaced and one of the steel plates on the flu are not properly screwed down flush for a guess, but one thing does make me wonder, should it gas first then spark, or spark first then gas, if you know my meanining

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back