valliant vuw 242/1e problem

cdl

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm getting a whinning noise from the boiler when initally turning the hot water tap on and for a couple of second after turning the tap off when the central heating is running. Theres no noise when turning the hot water on or off when the central heatings off,any ideas will be very grateful!

Sponsored Links
I'm new to the business but have had a couple of these of my own - so i know a bit about them.

You should consider the gas solenoid piston - which can be a bit too much of a good fit on these vailants - the whining can kick in after a couple of years use. The fit might not be so tight when the boiler is cold - hence no noise when heating off.

However, if the boiler is used to run the heating for an hour and then when the heating is turned off at the boiler the noise disappears (when you draw hot water) I'd guess you may have a noisy diverter valve. Either way - I suggest you try talking direct to Vailant (Rochester Kent) - I've always found them very helpful.

Good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back