leisure AL6CDW FITTING

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
IAM DUE TO RECIEVE THE LISTED ELECTRIC COOKER ON WEDNESDAY. AFTER OUR GAS COOKER GAVE UP HAVING A LOOK AROUND THE KITCHEN WE DONT HAVE A COOKER SOCKET WOULD THIS WORK OFF A STANSDAD SOCKET IAM FINDING IT HARD TO FIND ANYTHING ABOUT ITS AMPS ETC ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT YOU CAN ONLY LIVE ON SO MANY TAKE OUTS
THANKYOU IN ADVANCE

Sponsored Links
sarmstrong said:
IAM DUE TO RECIEVE THE LISTED ELECTRIC COOKER ON WEDNESDAY. AFTER OUR GAS COOKER GAVE UP HAVING A LOOK AROUND THE KITCHEN WE DONT HAVE A COOKER SOCKET WOULD THIS WORK OFF A STANSDAD SOCKET IAM FINDING IT HARD TO FIND ANYTHING ABOUT ITS AMPS ETC ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT YOU CAN ONLY LIVE ON SO MANY TAKE OUTS
THANKYOU IN ADVANCE

I couldn't find its specidication either,but looking at it it's a standard upright type cooker so it's going to need its own circuit. Suggest you look for an electrician to do the necessary work for you.

It needs its own circuit. Why the change to electric? Gas is much more efficient - it costs you less per kwh. And gas hobs are so much quicker / more responsive. You'll regret the change. :(

3Kw is the maximum demand you can put on a 13A socket. Stand alone ovens only, or cookers with a gas hob and electric oven can sometimes be powered this way.

If you have a full electric cooker you will need considerably more power than is available from a 13A socket and will require a new supply circuit especially for the cooker. The manufacturers instructions will provide more details.

As a tip, don't type in capital letters it's seen as SHOUTING!

Blimey well outpaced, must improve my typing :D

Sponsored Links
Thankyou for all your replys will get electrition in to put me a socket in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back