mira 88 leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi ive got an old mira 88 shower that leaks through the dials. I cant even prise off the dials so any suggestions as to why and how to sort out?

Sponsored Links
you can get a service kit for these (i think) that will have new o rings and washers in the kit.

penfolddmouse said:
hi ive got an old mira 88 shower that leaks through the dials. I cant even prise off the dials so any suggestions as to why and how to sort out?

You don't prise anything off it all comes apart by undoing bits.

If you want the manual send me an email, it's in my profile

doitall said:
penfolddmouse said:

You don't prise anything off it all comes apart by undoing bits.

If you want the manual send me an email, it's in my profile

hi, how do I get your profile? I have a similar problem and could do with the manual also.

any idea if you can fit a pump to increase the power of the shower?

Thanks

:D

Sponsored Links
The nob should pull off to get to stuff and yes you can fit a pump to them but I suggest getting the high pressure hand set as you will get a lot better shower.

Plumb center do em for about £20-30

Stan

Thanks for the advice, but I am a plumbing novice!

I have taken the front dial off, took the circlip off the spline, but there is no movement, should I just apply a bit of pressure to get the rest off?

Cant find much info on the power handset thingy, could you point me in the right direction?

Cheers

christineb said:
Thanks for the advice, but I am a plumbing novice!

I have taken the front dial off, took the circlip off the spline, but there is no movement, should I just apply a bit of pressure to get the rest off?

Cant find much info on the power handset thingy, could you point me in the right direction?

Cheers

The large flow control knob pulls off.

As for the pump the the pressure should be between 1 and 2 bar max, after which you need to fit an Dereve 7052/4 water pressure governor.

To find a profile click on doitall anywhere you find it in the plumbing index.

make sure you turn the water off first or you`ll be in danger,mouse

doitall said:
As for the pump the the pressure should be between 1 and 2 bar max, after which you need to fit an Dereve 7052/4 water pressure governor.

Doitall I had a Mira 88 and it worked fine on mains pressure so are you sure about what you are saying.
My understanding is that they will cope with mains like the Excell or Combiforce.

Stan

pannierstan said:
doitall said:

Doitall I had a Mira 88 and it worked fine on mains pressure so are you sure about what you are saying.
My understanding is that they will cope with mains like the Excell or Combiforce.

Stan

Positive :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back