Space either side of Range?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had a kitchen designed, and am in the middle of having it fitted. On the design, there is a 4.3cm gap either side of the 110cm Belling range cooker I am having fitted. There are low units either side of the cooker.

At this point, with replastering etc, I have less space than expected across that wall - does anyone know if the space either side of the cooker is required, and even if it is, could it be shaved down a bit to give me the space I need?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Sponsored Links
99% of the range cookers I've worked on, gas and electric, have had no gap between worktops and cooker. They have all had the worktops edged in metal strips and they are butted up to the cooker.
On the gas ones, the worktop is lower than the pan stands, i.e. level with the cabinet of the cooker.
What does your installation manual state?

Sponsored Links
We have the Rangemaster 110, and although the worktop is butted up to the cooker, the instructions sugested a 15mm air space between the base units and the cooker. The worktop has shown no problems in the 2 years its been there.

You Should be able to get the infomation from Belling Product Helpline, they may be able to e-mail you the installation requirements.Here

Salem

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back