moving a cooker socket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there
can i be possible to move a cooker socket?
ive put new cupboards and worktops in, but the only place i could put move hood"i have found the cooker switch will be in the way of the hob.what i mean is when i will be cooking the steam will head towards the socket!!!
is this a problem?? or can the socket cope with steam
what can i use to join the wire if i need to move it??
i will have to dig the wall out to ake a new hole for the socket, this wll also be a problem, because its concrete

daz

please help

Sponsored Links
even if you were to join it the join in the cable should still be accessible which would still present the same problem as before. Is it the cooker switch or a socket?

Your not very clear. Are you saying the cooker switch will be directly above the cooker? :eek: This is wrong. You need to move the switch so it sits about 20cm horizontally to the side of the cooker.

The wall might be concrete, but i bet its got a plaster finish. Plaster comes off easily if you pull at the cable. ;)

Sponsored Links
Crafty said:
Your not very clear. Are you saying the cooker switch will be directly above the cooker? :eek: This is wrong. You need to move the switch so it sits about 20cm horizontally to the side of the cooker.

The wall might be concrete, but i bet its got a plaster finish. Plaster comes off easily if you pull at the cable. ;)

i know this is wrong "thats why im asking about moving it!
is the a way i can connect a new piece of wire behind the cooker switch"switch on the wall with cooker and 13 amp switch"

i know it can be done on normal plugs with connectors,but with this wire to the cooker being thicker etc im not sure what to use.
the wall has about 2-3 plaster on a concrete wall, so i will find it hard to move the box, but il do my best

daz

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back