Transformer for electro magnetic door lock?

Sponsored Links
[breezer idealy wonders] 24volt.................hmmmmmmmmm

access control is usualy 12v, fire alarms are 24v

369261817_e78a8683ac.jpg

Not one of those thingies that keeps the door open, connected up so it de-energizes when the fire alarm sounds allowing the door to close?

Sponsored Links
and you're using it for what? AFAICT, that wont hold much force. :oops:

The long bar type breezer showed a pic of will take the weight of a person and much more. (I've tested them ;) :LOL: ) In fact the weakest point of those magnets are the fixings holding them to the door/frame.

Ideally to prevent access to an under stairs cupboard where there is an alarm control panel connected to a phone line...... but I'm guessing now that it's as good as useless ! Really I didn't want a door lock as it will look unsightly, but it might have to be that!

oh, one of them!

best use for that is a paper weight

it has bits missing

door.jpg

as you see from the above you have no way of fixing it, and you have no "wobble plate" also those ones would be of no uses since you would have to fix it outside of the door, and as crafty says they can not hold much.

bin it

that's one for ebay then! I'll be fitting a lock to that door instead - much more fool proof, thanks for the info though, it's been an interesting post !! :LOL:

coopersim, access by who?

why not fit a "mortice lock"

i have one on my shed, you can get ones that are designed to fit on the edge and not actulay in the timber (sorry dont know what they are properly called)
mine cost about 15

that way you only have the keyhole outside

That was my other option, a euro lock style mortice, that is what I will do !

..... does anyone want a magentic fire door holder......? :D

breezer said:
... ones that are designed to fit on the edge and not actulay in the timber (sorry dont know what they are properly called)
"Rimlock"

Most of them are made by Avocet and sold under own-brands.

Funnily enough you can often buy a bolt-on Safe Lock for the same money
1af0_1.JPG

breezer said:
so its a white box with a red cross, not seen that one before

Funny...but not fair :LOL:

Even ninebob has 1 in his post..Hope its not infectious :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back