Ferroli Falcon boiler - heating not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a falcon boiler (natural gas) and the hot water is working fine but when the heating comes on the pilot light starts but then the led goes to permanent red on the standby light.

It tries the cycle again but does the same thing.

The problem has been happening for about a month now and I had the boiler serviced two weeks ago, the engineer changed the clock but this didn't work.

I've looked in the manual and it suggests it may be the CH sensor - does this sound right? should I change this and how much should one cost?

Thanks in advance for any replies

Sponsored Links
You have to consider that this is a biflo heatexchanger so the pump doesn't operate on DHW, therefore as this is the main difference it is the first place to look. Is the pump circulating the water?

I think the pump is working correctly because the heating does come on some of the time.

So it's not a total failure.

AFAIK there is no pump proving, so possibly looking at CH flow temperature sensor.

Check pump is on full speed.

OR the imtermittent fault may occur on dhw you haven't found that out yet, then more likely cause APS etal.

Sponsored Links
just a note not, neceserilly to do with your problem but with regards to the ferroli combi boilers ive wired up.

the power for the boiler and clock must wired wired direct to the spur. if you take the power for the clock from the boiler the transformer will fail.

it does mention this in the paperwork but just thought id confirm that this is really important as ive been caught out on many occasion with this problem

<sorry for the hijack> ;)

Thanks for the replies.

Paul - what does AFAIK and APS mean?

just a total novice on this but do have the confidence to change the heating sensor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back