boundary fence blown down-replacing with bushes?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hiya. my fence (like most peoples) has blown down, and its kinda old and rotten anyway. i cant find on the deeds whose responsibility it is.....although the neighbours sem to think it is mine of course.

i want to do it fairly cheaply in line with my 6 grand pay cut (ouch!) and was thinking of putting a hedge in, however its a very narrow terraced garden and i dont want to loose too much width.

any ideas of a skinny, cheap and highly slug-unfriendly (i'm actually scared of them) shrubby sort of thing to put in?

otherwose what are the other cheapest options for a new boundary?

thankyou, marie-clare

Sponsored Links
post and wire is cheap

post and rail is simple and looks OK. You can add mesh if you want. It keeps kids' ball out to some extent.

POL_0109.jpg

almost any plant will want space and needs looking after, as johnd says get mesh and posts fence, easier & thinner

I agree with above but be careful. Ownership of the plants and their maintenance-with a new neighbour- could be an issue at a later date.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back