An update on a question I asked ages ago

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey chaps

Dont know if you remember but i asked about a vibrating noise on a system that was installed by us ages ago

the wierd thing being that it only made the noise in mid position

Well I sussed it, some bright spark had installed a single check valve after the intial installation on the secondary to two rads (cos the client complained about them heating up all the time) Instead of looking at the pipework and seeing that they had ff'd up the tees and these rads were reverse cycling (installers I ask you sheesh :rolleyes: )

Anyhoo this check valve was opening fully in central heating only but do to the pump pressure being reduced in mid it was throbbing like a newly wed husband

the check valves has now been removed and the pipework altered job done

one happy client and one happy CM

cheers for all your help lads

Sponsored Links
corgiman said:
Anyhoo this check valve was opening fully in central heating only but do to the pump pressure being reduced in mid it was throbbing like a newly wed husband
Well that's a valve I wouldn't want to be standing near when it suddenly opened. :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back