Removing Bloodstains

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have blood on a nylon based medium blue carpet. It has been there a couple of weeks. The carpet has been shampooed but the blood did not come out. What can I use? :cry:

Sponsored Links
you should always apply copious amounts of COLD water to blood while it is still wet.

once dry it is a tough stain to shift.

My wife is a curtain maker, when blood is the curtain because of the needle, she get a length of cotton from a cotton reel and put it her mouth to produce saliva then rub the blood off. I couldn't believe it when the blood came off! Got to be the same person blood, don't know if it will work on carpet, no harm in trying but might be too late now it dried

Sponsored Links
i never said it isnt, it was the fact you said about your wife being a curtain maker

Those Guys from CSI will still find it with their UV lamps

Alchol does not clean off blood (it didn't when I cut my finger while using an alcohol cleaner on an electronic device)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back