Potterton Suprema 100 Fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a replacement fan for Suprema 100, but new fan has 3 wires where wiring to old fan has 4. Do I forget the connection for capacitor?

Sponsored Links
i may be wrong as ive not changed one of these yet but am quite sure a colleague mentioned that the pcb needs to be replaced as well.

I remember a major carry on trying to get the right fan for one of these. My suppliers got me 3 fans before the right one turned up.
My advice is to get the GC and serial number of your boiler and also remove the fan or at least have a good look around it for any numbers.
Might be best to contact Baxi/potterton for advice

A drop of oil on the fan bearings may get this fan a 'stay of execution' for a while if it isnt the EMC type
If the part number you want is 409590 I still have 2 new genuine parts on my shelf from the above experience. It has four wires on a plug and is made by EMC. Email me if this is the case, My addy is in my profile.

Sponsored Links
If your changing the fan you might aswell change the pcb control part no. 5111603 as this would be a fantastic upgrade

Its not the wrong fan its just a very early sup. 100

Thanks everyone. pcb is a bit pricey, is it worth it, would it make that much of a differance with the boiler, assuming I replace the fan also

raden said:
The words " Suprima" and "reliable" are mutually exclusive

Unless they relate to CET PCbs for them of course!

Dont forget to email about next saturday's meeting.

Tony

It must be popssible to connect a newer fan, they didn't change the pcb when they changed the fan.
The Installation instructions for the suprima 100 at partsarena.com/baxi talks about 4 wires on the fan but only shows 3 on the wiring diagram.

It must be popssible to connect a newer fan, they didn't change the pcb when they changed the fan.
The Installation instructions for the suprima 100 at partsarena.com/baxi talks about 4 wires on the fan but only shows 3 on the wiring diagram.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back