Hotpoint Ultima SDW85 dishwasher ERROR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzze

My dishwasher came up with the AL 03 error message. After trying the obvious things like cleaning the filter with a thin wire etc, we got no joy.
So after many hours of searching the net for clue's we laid the dishwasher on it's side, removed the base plate from the bottom of the washer and carefully removed the pump.
On inspection of the pump, there was a small rubber sucker lodged in there. (god knows how) This was causing the fan to stop it's normal rotation, and was obviously the culprit. We put the washer back together and it ran a full wash cycle sucessfully.
However about 10 minutes after the wash, it now comes with error AL01 and has a leak sign on the display. (panic stations) Also you can hear the pump going when the machine isn't even on or when there is no programme selected. We have again taken the back off to make sure that the drain hose and everything is correctly attached and reconnected properly (which it is) and there is no sign of any water leak at all. (which apparently is the reason for of the error) so we are stumped now............can anyone help?????

Pretty pretty please.

Liz :cry:

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the anti flood device is stuck in the on position.
Take the left (I think) side off and see if you can reset it.

Thank you for your help, I'm so glad someone is willing to help me out.
Can you please elaborate on your response because i don't want to make things any worse i.e is this a button switch etc.

Tar chuck ;)

Really depends on who actually built the machine.
Some are just a microswitch activated by a piece of polystyrene in the base, others are a red lever activating a microswitch on the side of the machine.
You'll have to take the side panels off to see which you have.

Sponsored Links
Just to let you know. The following morning i tried the dish washer and to my amazment it worked. Ran a full wash on 40 mins ( no probs )
I didn't touch anything - I'm wondering if the dish washer dried out - because when i tilted the washer on its side to remove the plate quite a lot of water did spill out so who knows (fingers crossed that it keeps on working)

Thanks for your help anyway (appreciated)

Wayne

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back