Installing a DE Dietric induction hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just bought a DE Dietric induction hob, the cable on the hob has two neutral cables pinned together and two live wires pinned together and states fuse 32/16 amp. It mentions about splitting the L1 L2 but also shows a diagram connecting them as they are.

I assume this can't just be wired to a plug and pluged in, can I wire it up to the same single 30Amp point as the oven?

Sponsored Links
You're right it can't be plugged in, it needs to wired into the cooker connection unit.
The rating for the cct MCB should be 32A.

Ok, thought so. So can i double up the connection for the hob and the connection for the oven which is one socket behind the oven. I think the cooker fuse is 30amp

rustyb118 said:
Ok, thought so. So can i double up the connection for the hob and the connection for the oven which is one socket behind the oven. I think the cooker fuse is 30amp

You will need to change the fuse for a 32A MCB (You can get a replacement plug-in type).

As regards connecting the hob into a skt, if it is stating 16A then no. A skt is fused at 13A.

Sponsored Links
Why change 30 for 32? Just to give you an extra 460W capacity?

We don't even know the rating of this appliance or the circuit details (like what size cable it is wired in, what length etc...)

OP, please provide this information before we can offer full advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back