HAVE TO RE-PRESSURIZE COMBI BOILER VOKERA LINEA 24 DAILY

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
AFTER YEARS OF RE-PRESSURIZING THIS BOILER EVERY MONTH OR SO, IT'S NOW AT THE EVERY DAY STAGE.. HAVE HAD NUMEROUS ENGINEER CALL OUTS REPLACING DIFFERENT PARTS..HAD WATER BOARD OUT AT LEAST 8 TIMES.. NO HELP, MASSIVE WATER MAINS REPLACEMENT IN OUR AREA FOR LAST 2 YEARS.. VERY LOW PRESSURE AT BUSY TIMES OF DAY AND NITE ie. WHOLE STREET HAVING SHOWERS OR WASHING DISHES.. AND CAN'T USE OUR ELECTRIC SHOWER THEN EITHER AS TEMPERATURE FLUCTUATES BETWEEN FREEZING AND BOILING. THE TEMPERATURE ALSO FLUCTUATES FROM HOT WATER TAP OFTEN IT'S LUKEWARM, THEN HOT , THEN COLD. HAVE CRAWLED UNDER FLOORS FOR HOURS CHECKING PIPES AND JOINTS.. CAN FIND NO LEAKS.. STROPPY CALL CENTRE ADVISOR SAYS IT HAS TO BE A LEAK FROM THE BOILER OR THE PIPE WORK.. BUT WE CAN'T FIND ONE.. BOILER WILL ONLY PRESSURIZE UP TO 1 BAR AND DOESN'T GO ANY HIGHER NO MATTER HOW LONG I STAND THERE WITH THE VALVE OPEN AND BY MORNING IT'S ZERO AGAIN. ANY IDEAS .. TOTALLY P*****D OFF. CHEERS

Sponsored Links
Those capitals are difficult to read.

If the pressure is going down then there is water leaking out what ever you think.

I expect the system is quite dirty and that the plate heat exchanger has become blocked up.

It sounds as if you need a competent engineer and Danny of Rannoch Services posts here and is fairly local to you.

Tony

Have you checked the 15mm pipe outside the house (a couple of feet below the flue) the PRV pipe? it could be leaking there and will constantly drip outside the house and you may never notice it, especially if its hidden in bushes growing up the wall. That is one of the most common places for a leak. A new PRV costs about a tenner plus an hours labour to fit it at the most.

THANKS for the advice, engineer called today repalced heat exchanger & safety valve and checked expansion vessel. prv pipe not leaking, however there was a small leak in the exchanger and one side was all rusty... So fingers and legs crossed that I don't have to repressurize in the morning. Thinking of booster pump for the low mains pressure to the house now, has any one any advice. cheers

Sponsored Links
Is your mains water stop cock fully open? i went to a house where a water heater would only occasionally fire up. opened up the main stop cock and it worked fine. Some people only have them opened up 1 or 2 turns of the handle. Try it and see.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back