Tiling over hardboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is 3mm hardboard a suitable material for sheeting out a shower prior to tiling, or would I be best to remove and resheet with plywood before tiling?

Sponsored Links
Neither.

Use aqualpanel, is this for a shower over the bath or in a shower cubicle, should really be tanked though, do a search on here, plenty of info there, if not get back to us

It's pretty much a water resistant plasterboard.
What have you got up making the walls now? Surely you can't just have 3mm hardboard on its own?

Sponsored Links
Took out scabby old shower in recess. Originally had formica panelling. When took these off, found 1 side was sheeted in hardboard, 1 side in plasterboard, and 1 in ply!!

Original job by Bodgitt and Leggitt, I think. :LOL:

why use acua panel?surely ordinary plaster board is fine as long as you use proper waterproof adhesive and grout then seal with silocone? :rolleyes:

Water will eventfully seep through the grout, then the tiles will start to fall off, I've seen loads of them with this problem, the plasterboards goes all black, mouldy & damp

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back