Matching Patterned Wallpaper??.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need some advice with regards to matching patterned Textured Vinyl wallpaper.

I am about to wallpaper paper my bathroom, however the paper has a circular motif pattern which repeats every so often, the pattern isn't that easy to match up and i wondering what would be the best way to try and match up the strips of paper :confused: .
I know there is a clue within the packaging label (there is a line of what i can only describe as hieroglyphics!!) but i'm being drawn to one symbol in particular; it has an arrow pointing towards a straight vertical line and another arrow pointing from the other direction, only this one is lower than the first, this symbol is proceeded by 64/32CM... :confused:

ANY help would be appreciated, the only other option which i am thinking of is laying the paper down on the lounge floor then try to match it then cut it, but the wife is not too happy about me papering the lounge floor!! :oops:

cheers....

Sponsored Links
You have a drop pattern and the 32/64 bit is the distance between the matching bit.

Its easier IMO to match and cut the paper on the table (use a proper pasting table)

Cut the first length allowing about 2 inches top an bottom...

Then....unroll some more from the roll, and match it up to one of the edges...you'l probably have about 12 inches at the top spare...cut that off...pull the roll down the bottom...keeping the match together

Then put the two bits on top of each other on the table...youl find the pattern doesnt match...it should be about a foot or so out of alignment...dont worry about it

Now the clever bit...

Match the thrid bit up to the first bit...exactly the same, so the pattern is in the same place...cut of the waste and then do the same...matching the fourth bit up with the second...

And so on.......

So...your 1.3.5.7.9........bits will all look the same as each other...

and your 2,4,6,8,....bit will look the same as each other

Then hang them in the normal order

Just do a couple...say 4 at first to get your confedence up

Thanks Zampa,

The wife was going to get her mother round tomorrow! :eek: (she knows just about everything else :LOL:) you have saved the day and, most probably, the rest of my planned week pottering about papering, tiling and painting the bathroom with the radio on and a few Stella stubbies :) . then again I,m probably doing all that in the wrong order also ;)

Thanks again with regards to the 32/64 bit, I'll print it off just incase the beloved appears at the door with her decorating apron :rolleyes: !!

Yes, I've just bought a proper pasting table, I'll use that as the first obsticale at the door :p

Cheers...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back