ACL Lifestyle Min Pos valve 679 H 340 30L0

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have never bothered to change just the head before because it looked either difficult or impossible.

Has anyone ever managed to change just the head?

I have one to do and its very difficult to drain down to such a low level there.

Tony

Sponsored Links
if its the old style grey one that doesnt have the clip on mechanism then it will change for a head of the same type. they arent interchangeable with the new ones.

you need to strip the old one right down to get into the screws on the backplate.

this may not be the right model im talking about here but that should be right.

why change the head anyway....i use old bits of removed valves to repair them as you have to strip it all out anyway. the only thing that doesnt work for is a broken spring post

Its the later white one!

We normally only replace these items with new for our customers and normally the whole valve of this type.

Unfortunately the valve is mounted very low and the drain cock is very fiddly and about the same level.

Can the head only be changed on this model? they dont look much different from the earlier grey ones.

Tony

WHat head would you repair it with though... Not available any more are they?

I've prossably got old or new ones like it. How long have you got?
The pile of spares in my back bedroom is now so high I can't see round it, which is a disadvantage of the storage system...

Sponsored Links
I can only replace with a head from a new valve as they are not available on their own. I often do that if its not practible to replace the whole assembly.

What I am still interested in though is if its actually feasible to just replace the head. It seems to need a lot of dismantling to get the head off the body!

Tony

the new head will not fit the old body. the mounting points are different because the new ones are clipped on and the old ones were screwed on. dismantling the old head to get it off should take you 5 minutes tops.

i replace backplates on old valves for the spring post breaking....but i have 20 or so spare lol

Agile said:
I can only replace with a head from a new valve as they are not available on their own. I often do that if its not practible to replace the whole assembly.

What I am still interested in though is if its actually feasible to just replace the head. It seems to need a lot of dismantling to get the head off the body!

Tony

I have tried a few times, the internals are not interchangable unfortunately Tony they just won't fit. Fairly easy to remove but a bit of a waste of time unless you have a working actuator off the same version of the same model.

Hi Tony not sure if i'm much help but I have very recently experienced a simular problem with the same valve. I originally wanted to replace head/actuator but due to this model being superseded the new replacement is not interchangeable, the new replacement is a one button release jobby(quick release). However providing you don't have the same fault as me (also on forum) a universal synchron motor (purchase from PTS) is identical and a direct replacement, far easier than replacing head that is if a replacement is available. Just though I would mention as this item was purchased for a small £20.

another reason why the do not reply to old posts rule should come back

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back