Laminate Flooring around toilet bowl

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - There is laminate flooring in bathroom / toilet room, and the previous owner of this house I now live in has done a bad job with the laminate flooring at the edge of the toilet bowl.

The flooring has not been cut properly around the bowl - ie it is not smooth all round plus there is a gap between flooring and toilet bowl - the gap being filled with brown silicone.

I'd like to do something about it as it is not pleasing to the eyes - Eg. Is there any DIY I can do to hide the uneven look of the flooring to the edge of the toilet bowl?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Sponsored Links
the normal expansion is a minimum of 6mm for small rooms
in general you can get away with 4mm around the toilet although that needs to neatly follow the profile off the toilet :D ;)

in general white silicone taperd /flared from the floor to the toilet bowl base looks the best and if done neatly will look like part of the bowl it will take 2 or three applications as to much will sag

in your case assuming the biggest gap is say 6mm i would clean up all surfaces around the bog remove any brown silcone that would show above then using white try and taper flare in as above and live with the expansion consiquences as i suspect the floor probably isnt going to last many years ;)

Thanks for the suggestion and guidance.

[in general white silicone taperd /flared from the floor to the toilet bowl base looks the best]

By this, you mean white silicone sealant right?
(If so, I'll try and do this neatly to blend the flooring to the base of the bowl - The gap is about right 4-6 mm, but the flooring was not cut evenly all round... Cheers)

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your help - Indeed, the brown stuff has shrunk .. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back