Leaking Pipework

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had a new combi-boiler fitted to an existing pipework / radiator system. Obviously the new system operates at higher pressure than the original system. The system loses pressure over a couple of days and cuts the system out. I have had the boiler checked and it is not leaking internally and there are no obvious signs of leakage. It woudl appear that there is a leak from the pipes under the floor. Unfortunately the pipes are set into the concrete floor. As the system is in my Grandmothers house I am reluctant to put her through the disruption of fitting all new pipes. Does anyone know of a solution to detect / mend a leak underfloor, or have any ideas on other options ? Best Regards Nigel

Sponsored Links
This is no help whatsoever but the company that i work for will not install a pressurised CH circuit on a system with pipes in a concrete floor (due to the problem that you may now have), they insist on new 'drops' to downstairs rads etc.

You may have to dig the floor up or have new drops - but hopefully there is another reason for the pressure drop (fingers crossed).

You could try to inject some internal leak sealer, it can't do any harm.

have you checked to see if the pipes are run in ducting within the floor?

Sponsored Links
sorry b`ster but ducts are only in hospitals/ asylums/ prisons ....not seen 1 in a domestic in 35 years ;)

i reckon leak sealer for now may work..ive use it many a time for those 'invisible' leaks but to be honest i'd start budgeting fo the new drops to be done. you obviously cant tell wether the pipes have been lagged in the floor and once one starts to go..its a slippery slope

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back