Whats the difference between a 'HEAT EXCHANGER' and .....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Excuse me ignorance on this subject matter.

I'm looking for a heat exchanger for a very old IDEAL CAVALCADE 350 as it is leaking water.

I've found a couple of web sites but they have different manufact nos.

One is a 'HEAT EXCHANGER ASSEMBLY'

and the other is

'HEAT EXCHANGER ASSEMBLY -FIRE'

What is the difference?

Sponsored Links
You have a heat exchanger assembly for the boiler part and a fire heat exchanger for the fire part. That's certainly taking on a challenge if your running it yourself...not a cheap one either, don't forget a couple of end gaskets at 25 quid a pop aswell.

ollski said:
You have a heat exchanger assembly for the boiler part and a fire heat exchanger for the fire part. That's certainly taking on a challenge if your running it yourself...not a cheap one either, don't forget a couple of end gaskets at 25 quid a pop aswell.

Thanks for the info - I won't be doing it myself, i'm just trying to source the parts. I think i need the boiler side of the heat exchanger (since i have a water leak).

Only think is I can't find one anywhere.
The fire side H.E is available..... typical

ever heard the phrase.... throwing money down the toilet.

something that old really doesn't want cash chucking at it... seriously

Sponsored Links
gavinda said:
ever heard the phrase.... throwing money down the toilet.

something that old really doesn't want cash chucking at it... seriously

I don't mean to be rude, but perhaps you'd be kind enough to lend me the money then!!!!!!

Lets keep to the topic.

pelfed said:
ollski said:

Thanks for the info - I won't be doing it myself, i'm just trying to source the parts. I think i need the boiler side of the heat exchanger (since i have a water leak).

Only think is I can't find one anywhere.
The fire side H.E is available..... typical

probably obsolete...not really a surprise.

sorry nickso... didnt mean to sound SO negative but i just think fo the time effort and cost for something that may suffer other component failure just isnt justified... id be thinking fan heater immersion and sart saving for a complete replacement.

just my 10p :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back