What bathroom paint would you recommend?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon all :)

Leading on from my other thread regarding stripping wallpaper from a bathroom, what bathroom paint should I go for? I think I read somewhere Zampa saying do not use Dulux bathroom paint?

Do I need to prep the wall with anything once Ive removed the paper?

Thanks all

Boons:cool:

Sponsored Links
apologies for hi-jacking but ---I've just covered a new plaster bathroom ceiling with one coat of dulux "sealer for plaster" and three coats of dulux "real life bathroom" white and its still not covered properly ! What going on does it want 4,5,6 coats?

Boons said:
Afternoon all :)

Leading on from my other thread regarding stripping wallpaper from a bathroom, what bathroom paint should I go for? I think I read somewhere Zampa saying do not use Dilux bathroom paint?

Do I need to prep the wall with anything once Ive removed the paper?

Thanks all

Boons:cool:

Presuming the walls are bare? And!!! all old paste has been cleaned off, one coat of thinned matt emulsion to prime followed by one/ two coats of either matt emulsion..( I've used matt emulsion in many bathrooms ) or dulux trade quick drying eggshell. Soft sheen emulsion is very good too. Dont bother with bathroom paints its a diy retail thing ;)

apologies for hi-jacking but ---I've just covered a new plaster bathroom ceiling with one coat of dulux "sealer for plaster" and three coats of dulux "real life bathroom" white and its still not covered properly ! What going on does it want 4,5,6 coats?

'Real life' is the retail version of dulux trade 'Diamond matt' I have'nt come across the bathroom (bathroom :LOL: )version myself I did find retail realife emulsion left a shadowy finish and needed three coats, when customer supplied paint :evil: . But on a bathroom ceiling I would have mist coated with thinned emulsion to prime, then one/two coats of matt emulsion. If you feel you need more protection then I would go for dulux trade quickdrying eggshell in a bathroom.. But as I stated above I have used matt emulsion on walls and ceilings many times.in a bathroom. Though I do use trade paints..

Ps if ceiling is now a silky finish best to either carry on with another coat of what you got .. or some normal soft sheen emulsion, if you want Matt finish now.. you will need to abrade all over to avoid crazing when matt dries on silk..

good luck...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back